Monday, May 5, 2008

I'll miss you Ammie...

Okay, so this is about a week old, and I know most of you won't even care about it, but my grandmother passed away last week and I feel like this needs to be posted. This was kind of a short group collaboration by all of my cousins, so I'm not claiming credit for all of it, I just feel like I want it on this blog.
To you, she was Aunt Helen, Hoolie, Mom. To her, we were Angels, Treasures, Peaches, Beesaws, and even Dickens. To us she is, and always will be, Ammie. These are the moments with her we will always remember, and that’s the last and greatest gift we could give to her.
From ballet recitals to classical music concerts, Baptisms, First Communions, graduations and a wedding you have been there for us. While learning to ride a blue tricycle in the driveway, fishing at the reservoir when not big enough to be one of the guys, making applesalad and playing “Lady, I’m lost,” you taught us the lessons of life.
Sleepovers, movie nights, easter egg hunts to make us laugh. Angel night lights, Ammie’s Lambies, and Buddy Dolls, Christmas stockings and the ever faithful Valentine’s Day cards always showed us you cared. With these and more you left a lasting impression on all of us and taught us lessons we will pass on to our families.
On the most important days of my life she always said, “Don’t worry Treasure, it won’t rain on your day--Ammie won’t let it.” Well Ammie, no matter what the weather, we know you love us and won’t let it rain on our important days. We love you Ammie and will always be your Angels, Treasures, Peaches, Beesaws, and even your Dickens’. Rest well.
So there that is...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that....She did love her grandchildren. We will all miss Ammie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i want one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. I can't believe it has been a week already. The one truly cathartic thing has been that we all got together for this. Ammie will be dearly missed by us all.... but I also know how proud she was of all of us and that helps to get through this! Good Luck with the life quest! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete