Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Beginning

Alright, so for some reason I have decided to start my own blog. Eventually I'm sure it will be full of incredible, intelligent posts, but right now I have nothing to write about and am still trying to figure this all out. For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Jay Balagna and I am an 18 year old high school senior. I know some of you are probably cringing that I just gave away my real name on the internet, but honestly, if you search it on MySpace or Facebook, you'll get way more than that, so I really don't see the point of hiding it. With that lovely intro, I guess I will explain my title choice. It comes from my favorite quote, "Boats are perfectly safe in the harbor, but that's not what boats are built for." I guess I feel that now that I'm about to embark on my own journey, my own life, that I'm kind of leaving the harbor so to speak. So parts of this blog will document that, my adventure out of the safety that has been my childhood. I'm not saying that's all it will be about, because that would be really boring, but that will be a big part of it. The rest will probably be little tirades following no particular pattern until I get the hang of this blogging thing down. So there that is...

3 comments:

  1. ...and here I am, to welcome you to blog world and leave you your first comment. (Because, really? When no one leaves a comment? It sucks.)

    Good name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog man. maybe i'll start a blog and we can have blog duels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it seems i've already commented this blog, although i have no memory of doing so..

    and i wish i were able to begin my own escapade, but it seems this world judges by age so thoughtlessly that its near impossible.

    ReplyDelete