Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time for school...(A random rant about what I'm thinking right now)...

Alright, so my nice, lazy break is all but over. I kind of want to cry. Not really, but I really enjoyed sleeping all day and not having to worry about people calling me back for the Sagebrush or remembering to go to class. Not that I don't like my life in Reno, I do. I love my job and I really like school, it was just nice to have six weeks of nothing.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this semester going a bit more smoothly than the last one. I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of the time-management kinks hammered out. Even though my classes are a little harder, I know I can handle them. Things with the girlfriend are going smoothly. Yep, I can't really complain about too much.

Things at work might be a tad bit stressful coming back though. We're missing an A&E Editor and a Managing Editor. On the upside though, We finally have a second News Assistant, so now three people will be doing the job of four, instead of just two. So section=good, overall paper=shorthanded. We'll see how that all works out on the print-fest Monday.

Let's see, what else? Snowboarding with a little on-the-mountain reporting thrown in tomorrow. That should be interesting. My two favorite things all in one day with my favorite person, sounds like heaven, huh? Haha, I'm such a nerd. Snowboarding with a notebook in my hand and a phone to my ear, and somehow that's my idea of a perfect day.

Well, that's all I have now. Maybe I'll be better about writing this next semester. Probably not as good as Dodi has become (you write like, three a day, how do you have time?), but hopefully a few a week. So there's that...

2 comments:

  1. A few a week...ummmm wishful thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never more than twice a day. I hardly ever facebook, and I'm not much for twitter. Priorities, baby.

    ReplyDelete