Friday, July 4, 2008

Finally, A New Post!

Alright then, I am finally posting. Directly from the bustling metropolis of McDermitt, Nevada, I am bringing all you loyal readers (you'd have to be loyal to keep checking this page after this long) a description of what exactly I do every day.
Well, first off, for those of you who don't know my summer job is as a wildland firefighter for the BLM, and it's pretty much the most incredible job I have ever held. Right now, I have only been on one fire, but i still love it. Every day I get to drive and ride in a fire truck, and the ten year old in me jumps up and down with glee every time i climb into it. Whenever people see us in our fire shirts, we are instantly respected and, probably more amazingly, trusted. Probably the greatest perk of my job though, is the fact that each time I see a little kid their face brightens up, and once I tell them my job, they won't leave me alone until their parents pry them away.
So there's that...

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh you're so shiny!!!!
    MOMMY I WANT ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, your working in a great profession full of traditions and comradely. Nothing will give you more joy than helping others. Maybe firefighter is the job for you...Congratulations on all your accomplishments. Enjoy yourself, be careful and keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and UPDATE. God, haven't you been up to anything new???

    This is a blog, and your nosey aunt needs INFORMATION, hottie!

    ReplyDelete